Friday, November 8, 2013

The Black Song Inside by Carlyle Clark



Title: The Black Song Inside
Author: Carlyle Clark
Publisher: Thomas & Mercer
Pages: 435
Language: English
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Format: Paperback, Kindle, Audiobook


Purchase at AMAZON

Atticus Wynn and Rosemary Sanchez, newly engaged private investigators, have seen the dark and violent side of life. Nothing, though, has prepared them for an explosive murder investigation that threatens to tear their relationship apart as they struggle to solve a case that could leave them in prison or dead. 

Atticus’s manipulative ex-girlfriend bursts back into their lives wielding a secret about Rosemary’s family that she exploits to force the couple into investigating the execution-style slaying of her lover. The case thrusts Atticus and Rosemary headlong into the world of human trafficking and drug smuggling, while rendering them pawns in Tijuana Cartel captain Armando Villanueva’s bloody bid to take over the cartel. 

The Black Song Inside is a vivid crime thriller rife with murder and madness, melded with gallows humor and the heroism of two flawed and compelling protagonists who, if they can save themselves, may learn the nature of redemption and the ability to forgive.

Discuss this book in our PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads by clicking HERE

Sign up for review/hosting HERE

Deadline to sign up is January 31



 

42 comments:

  1. I found your book while entering for an Amazon gift card. I read the excerpt on the giveaway site, then read the sample chapter on Amazon. After looking over the reviews, I went ahead and bought the Kindle version. I am really looking forward to reading the book as it looks like an great read. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the book excerpts and it sure seems like its going to be a good story enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting read going on my Christmas wish list

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite genre: mysteries; looks great, hope to read in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite genre and I will add this to my TBR list. I hope to start reading again after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very good thriller! I really like the title and the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book, I love crime stories! Hope to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looked the book excerpts and it is going on my must be read list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds amazing can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like this one will be going on my TBR list. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the first chapter and looking forward to the rest! :) Nancy Cargil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those trouble-making ex's! This book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great thriller, which is my favorite type of book! Don't know where all that detail comes from in your mind, but it sure did make this book interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds a really interesting, edge of your seat kinda book, I want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read Carlyle Clark's interview and book review of The Black Song Inside at Every Free Chance Reviews
    http://everyfreechance.com/2014/01/bl...
    Was glad to see it promoted on Amazons recent kindle book promotion, have acquired it and looking forward to this and many more from the author!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great excerpt and interview, looking forward to a great read, exciting thrillers rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds very intense. Good luck, hope you sell a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds like an book my mom would love to read..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like mysteries. This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love a good mystery, this looks like it'll be a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always enjoy a good mystery and would love to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was reading the "inside" on the amazon page and it sounds like a really, really good read! I def will put it on my list of reading wants!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The summary is very enticing. I love mysteries. I also think "old flames" often add to the intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The excerpt looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on it

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds amazing I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think I will love this. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like an exciting read! So it's going on my reading wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sounds like a great read! Added it to my TBR list!! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i really love mysteries and thrillers, and this sounds wonderful. thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds v. interesting and like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This book sounds interesting and full of suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm really looking forward to reading more books this year. I love thrillers - I can't watch thriller movies as I get too scared, but I love reading them, I can put them down if they're too dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The more I read about this book, the more I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. sounds like an interesting book.look forward to reading it

    ReplyDelete
  36. Judging by the first chapter that I read of this book, it looks like a pretty good book.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can hardly wait to read this. Should be a great read

    ReplyDelete