Monday, June 2, 2014

Book Club Day: Interview with Praying Medic, author of Divine Healing Made Simple'

Praying Medic is a paramedic and author living in Phoenix, Arizona. Since 2009, he has written about the miracles God has done through his medical practice. He is married to his best friend and business partner. His first book Divine Healing Made Simple was published in December of 2013.  

His life goal is to teach people to live as ambassadors of God's kingdom. His books and articles are intended to inspire, challenge and if necessary, provoke readers into a deeper relationship with God. 

If you're interested in connecting with him outside of Amazon, he has a personal blog http://prayingmedic.com/ where he writes about the miraculous. You can contact him there.

Thanks for joining us at the book club, Praying Medic!  Can you tell us what was the inspiration behind your latest book, Divine Healing Made Simple?
Praying Medic: My inspiration? Dreams! During the last 5 years I’ve had over 200 dreams on the subject of healing. In those dreams, God has been giving me
keys to how healing works. I've practiced the things He's been teaching me and found that it works. Once I realized that God had been giving me the answers to the questions people have been asking about healing for years, I felt I needed to write a book about what I had learned.  
Can you tell us why healing is not a one time thing that happens to us and why it’s an ongoing process?
Praying Medic: A good place to begin is to spend a little time reading the healing accounts from scriptures carefully — without adding your own preconceived ideas to the text. You’ll probably notice that not all the healing accounts were recorded as being instant miracles. In the vast majority of cases the bible simply says Jesus healed a multitude of people. There is no description of how most of these people were healed and no indication of whether the healings were gradual or instantaneous. Let me make a brief analogy that helps explain the dynamics of healing:
Healing is best viewed as a process similar to sanctification, which the Holy Spirit does not accomplish in us all at once. The transformational work of God, which creates Christ-like character in us, is a gradual process. While there are often dramatic events during the work of sanctification like an alcoholic whose desire to drink is removed instantly — the entire work that the Holy Spirit accomplishes in us takes time. It doesn't happen immediately. God's work of healing is much the same way. We might have an occasional instant breakthrough in one area or another, but the greater healing process is always being worked out over time.
Few people are able to see God’s supernatural work of healing as it happens. And because we can’t see it — we often assume nothing is happening when we pray for someone who shows no outward signs of healing. But if we were able to see in the spirit, we would be amazed. When we pray even the smallest, most feeble prayer for someone — we release a measure of God’s glory upon the one we’re praying for. Angels are released to combat evil spirits, wounds inflicted by the enemy are visibly healed in their spirit. The countenance of their spirit is visibly changed, even if nothing appears to be happening outwardly.
You have said that asthma, insomnia or even irritable bowel syndrome could be caused by evil spirits while things like broken bones are not.  Can you explain?
Praying Medic: It's my belief (and I think the scriptures back me up) that many common illnesses are caused by evil spirits, while things like broken bones are not. The fever that Peter’s mother had which Jesus rebuked was an example of a sickness caused by a spirit. If the fever were not a spirit, why was it rebuked? (See Luke 4:39). In several accounts of healing of physical illness, Jesus first removed an evil spirit then laid hands on the person to release healing. (See Luke 13:10-13) I have a friend who suffered from asthma for many years. One night in a dream, the Lord told her that asthma was caused by a spirit and He told her to rebuke it. She did and her symptoms of asthma vanished. There is further evidence of sickness being caused by spirits that shows up after a person is healed. Once we have been set free of a spirit of illness, there is no guarantee that the same spirit won’t return later to afflict us. The return of the spirit brings a return of the symptoms. (Jesus taught on the return of evil spirits in Luke 11:22-23, 24-26.) My friend who was cured of asthma had the symptoms return several times but she rebuked the spirit and each time it would leave, only to return a few weeks later. Thankfully, the spirit finally left for good and she hasn't had symptoms in several years.
You believe that in order to operate successfully in divine healing that it’s imperative to establish a strong, active relationship with the Holy Spirit.  Where does one start?
Praying Medic: Relationships will only develop when you spend time with the one you want to get to know better. Time is the commodity of relationships. My advice is to get rid of daily distractions and seek God in solitude. Unplug your television and use the time to rest in God’s presence. Sing, worship, pray, let God give you visions and dreams, do some fasting and get acquainted with Him in ways you haven’t before. As your relationship with God grows so will your faith for healing.
I so believe in the power of prayer.  What would you suggest to someone whose prayers seem to go unanswered?
Praying Medic: Faith and doubt are the major issues that determine the outcome of prayer. Jesus taught that if we believed and did not doubt, we would have what we ask for. Faith is the key. Faith is not wishing or hoping that something will happen. It's knowing it in your heart with certainty. Let me illustrate this idea: After I had been praying for people to be healed for a couple of years, I began to see more and more people healed of torn rotator cuffs. I think I saw 10 or 12 people in a row healed at one point. As a result of this, I developed great confidence in God's willingness to heal torn rotator cuffs. Another word for faith is confidence. I became so confident that God would heal torn rotator cuffs that I would tell people with shoulder injuries, "If you let me pray for you, God is going to heal you." Every person I said that to was healed. I had developed a very high level of faith for that one condition and the result was that people were nearly always healed. That's how faith releases healing or just about anything else that is God's will.
Is divine healing that simple?
Praying Medic: People have tried to complicate healing, but It's a lot more simple than most people realize. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Thank you again for this interview, Praying Medic.  What’s next for you in regards to life and books in general?
Praying Medic:I have a pretty ambitious schedule. My next book is a collection of personal stories about the supernatural work of God in my life. That book is completed except for some editing. The title is My Top 100 Craziest Adventures with God. It should be out late this summer. 
I’m also working on a book titled: Seeing in the Spirit Made Simple that should be out in the fall.
I’m working on a fourth book titled: Traveling in the Spirit Made Simple. I hope to have it out by the end of 2014. 
I began posting a series of fictional stories on spiritual warfare on Facebook that received rave reviews from my friends. They immediately demanded a novel be written from the stories. That book will likely be my first project for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment