Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ashe to Steele Virtual Book Tour Highlights

It's so sad to see our authors go, but in tribute we do a recap of the highlights of their blog tour with us at Pump Up Your Book.  Today we're highlighting Karen-Anne Stewart and her Ash to Steele Virtual Book Publicity Tour.

About the Author:

Karen-Anne Stewart has always adored reading and has now fallen in love with writing. Her written works are The
Rain Trilogy: Saving Rain, Healing Rain, and After the Rain, and the newly released stand alone novel, Ash to Steele. Her debut novel, Saving Rain: The First Novel in The Rain Trilogy, was a nominee for the Book Junkie’s Choice Awards, and Saving Rain and After the Rain were nominees for the 2014 RONE Awards.
When Karen-Anne isn’t writing, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hiking, and visiting new places. She fuels her addiction of creating new stories by her only other addiction, caffeine, and listening to a myriad of musical genres. Tucked away near the Blue Ridge Mountains, Karen-Anne lives with her husband, daughter, two dogs, and their cat. She plans on writing new adult romance as long as her fingers maintain dexterity.

For More Information
About the Book:

Emma

Who I am and all I believe is marred with just one glance into angry, steel blue eyes. He seems to control my air, my ability to breathe. He makes me crave everything I know is a sin. Pure becomes tainted and lines are blurred. It’s my fault; I’m the one who isn’t strong enough. I’ve been damaged…broken. Breck’s words haunt me…’There’s a consequence for every choice you make.’

Breck

I’ve had so many women I can’t even remember over half of their names, but none of them are mine; I make damn sure of that. I take what I desire and never look back. I don’t need or want anyone, ever…not until I met Emma. Those eyes bore into what’s left of my soul and her touch sears me, weakens me. I want to hate her for that. She is my ruin…my sweetest hell.

For More Information


Virtual Book Tour Highlights:

Blogcritics: "Writing is the antidote to my anxiety.  I swear, being an author is the best form of therapy.  When anxiety strikes me is right before I hit that beckoning publish button.  That’s the point where I’ve had moments of second guessing myself, worrying about what others might think, and wondering how in the hell I’m going to go about marketing (which is the most anxiety inducing part of writing…for me, anyway)."

The Writer's Life: "The hardest part of writing Ash to Steele was my bouncing back and forth between which point of view (POV) to use to present the story before finally deciding that both Breck and Emma need to be heard.  The best advice I can pass on to other writers is how they need to follow their character’s lead.  I get an idea in my head of how a character needs to act and who he should be, but my writing doesn’t flow until I let go and allow the character to show me who he really is and where he wants me to take him."

The Book Faery Reviews: "Just like we need our BFF to love us, keep us grounded, support us, and knock us upside the back of the head at times, our main characters need their own best friends to share in their wonderfully, fictional existence.  One of my favorite parts of getting lost in a great novel is falling in love with the supporting characters and their fun, quirky, strong, sexy presence.  Not all supporting characters have to be friendly; some of the most intriguing ones I’ve read have been pretty damn dark and just plain mean."

Our Families Adventures (review): "This is one of those stories that really set in the saying "there are consequences to every choice you make." Emma and Breck realize this in some very dramatic moments. Breck  is just a hot mess. He has the right balance of bad boy meets good boy. Enough of a rough edge to draw you in and make you desire him without being a total jerk that you detest. He is a hard character to like at first because he is a womanizer and frankly that turns me off, but as the story progresses he tames a little and you see more of a caring and loving side to him."

Lori's Reading Corner: "I was an avid reader before I became an author…I think that’s some kind of prerequisite ;).  One of the best parts of this wild ride is having the opportunity to meet so many amazing readers."

Mia Downing's Blog: "New Adult Romance is a powerful realm of its own.  I LOVE the possibilities it encompasses and how, at this age, you feel everything and have the courage to take on the world!  I think this is why so many authors love writing this genre."

Passionate Encounters: "I love, love, love reading a series where each book features one of the supporting characters from the prior book as the main character, showing his own story! There is a myriad of authors who are awesomely talented at doing this! Not only is this fun for the readers, it’s fun for the author, too. For me, it feels like experiencing a loss each time a book ends because I’ve spent months thinking, dreaming, breathing, and even fantasizing about my characters…then their story is done. When an author does a spinoff book, those characters get to stay alive a bit longer! I haven’t taken a supporting character and made their own book yet; Gavin’s will be more first, and I’m sooo excited."

Sara's Organized Chaos (review): " I loved every single part of it, I never once doubted Emma and Breck and the ending is amazing. And thank god there was an epilogue because I didn't want to leave so unfinished without knowing what happens a little further down the road."

Read more at her official tour page at http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2014/06/24/pump-up-your-book-presents-ash-to-steele-virtual-book-publicity-tour/. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much!!!! I had a blast on the tour and appreciate all the time the bloggers and reviewers spent promoting Ash to Steele:). Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete