Sunday, November 2, 2014

PUYB Virtual Book Club Chats with Jonathan Bissell



Jonathan Bissell is a coach, author, speaker and teacher, as well as the CEO of High Performance Impact, LLC, an executive coaching firm helping proven and emerging leaders to identify and consistently leverage patterns of high performance. He helps dreamers do and leaders excel.
Born in Liberia, Africa and raised in Upstate New York, Jonathan has lived and worked in Japan, New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. He has a Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics from Teachers College, Columbia University, and a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Le Moyne College. Jonathan enjoys reading, long coffee breaks with his wife, co-creating children's stories with his daughters, writing poetry, and supporting couples in ministry. 
If you'd like to stay current with what Jonathan is writing and doing, or get advance notice on new books or events, sign up for his mailing list at www.jonathanbissell.com. Jonathan can also be contacted for coaching, training, teaching or speaking engagements.
For More Information
About the Book:


Somewhere along the way, you had a dream that you let go of. But it hasn’t let go of you.  You're the reason this book was written.  Because dreams matter. Dreams are powerful. And sometimes dreams just won’t go away – no matter how impractical, ill-timed or financially risky they are.
This is a book about getting unstuck in your life or career. It’s about learning to dream in COLOR and think in BLACK & WHITE. There are three parts to this book: Dreaming in Color, Thinking in Black & White, and Fulfilling Your Dreams. Each part contains practical “how to” steps and examples explaining how to get unstuck and move toward your dream. The rest is up to you.

For More Information

  • Dream in Color, Think in Black & White: How to Get Unstuck and Fulfill Your Dreams is available at Amazon.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Q: I love the concept of your new book, Dream in Color, Think in Black & White.  You’ve been teaching people how to achieve their dreams for some time, haven’t you, Jonathan?

Jonathan: Thank you, Dorothy. Yes, helping people discover and pursue their dreams has been a big part of my personal and professional DNA for years. It’s very rewarding, and I’m always amazed at the impact it makes on someone’s life when you take their dreams seriously and help them move forward to achieve them.

Q: What gives you the passion to help others achieve success?

Jonathan: My passion for helping others comes from my core belief that each and every person has unique, God-given creativity and talent that’s just waiting to be unleased for their benefit and for the good of many.  

Q: You have lived all over the world.  How has that helped you achieve your own goals or has it been a hindrance?

Jonathan: The more you travel, the more you realize that people everywhere desire the opportunity to help shape, build and own their experiences and dreams. Travelling and living abroad has helped me to achieve my goals by giving me a framework for working alongside, leading, and inspiring people from a diverse range of backgrounds and perspectives.

Q: There are three parts to your book.  Would you like to explain?

Jonathan: The first part, Dreaming in Color, shows readers how to dream without limitations and how to identify and articulate their dream to themselves and others. The second part, Thinking in Black & White, helps readers release and modify conditions around their dreams, identify desired results, and develop a plan of action that will lead them towards their dream. The third part, Fulfilling Your Dreams, gives readers clear strategies for moving forward intentionally, staying accountable, and maintaining persistence.

Q: You mention getting “unstuck” to achieve your dreams. Give us an example of what this means?

Jonathan: For many years I felt “stuck” and unable to pursue my dream of writing a book, because I had a checklist of conditions that had to be met. The problem is that these conditions, which included having large blocks of uninterrupted time and dedicated writing space, were simply not compatible with the realities of my living space, family obligations and work responsibilities. But when I gave myself permission to dream in color without any limitations, I made a conscious decision to pursue my dream despite my checklist of conditions. With this new perspective, I was able to release and modify my conditions in such a way that they began to help me pursue my dream! And now that my book is a reality, I’m excited to see it help many others get unstuck and achieve their own dreams!

Q: What’s next for you, Jonathan?

Jonathan: Thank you for today’s interview, Dorothy. Moving forward, I plan to continue helping dreamers do and leaders excel! I invite your readers to learn more at www.jonathanbissell.com.  



No comments:

Post a Comment