Thursday, December 18, 2014

Night Terror Virtual Book Tour Highlights

It's so sad to see our authors go, but in tribute we do a recap of the highlights of their blog tour with us at Pump Up Your Book.  Today we're highlighting Jeff Gunhus and his Night Terror Virtual Book Publicity Tour.

About the Book:

Ten years after her abduction and near-sacrifice to the Source, Sarah Tremont struggles to be a normal teenager. As much as she’s tried to suppress the power inside of her, it’s grown dangerously strong and has drawn the attention of those who want to possess her power for themselves.

The nightmare that she thought was long over starts again as powerful forces descend upon Prescott City to seek her out. With her parents and Joseph Lonetree’s help, Sarah must stand up to an evil much more powerful than the one she faced in the caves a decade earlier. But in the end, she discovers the greatest danger might come from the power living inside of her.

For More Information

  • Night Terror is available at Amazon.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

About the Author:

Jeff Gunhus is the author of both adult thrillers and the Middle Grade/YA series, The Templar Chronicles. The first book, Jack Templar Monster Hunter, was written in an effort to get his reluctant reader eleven-year old son excited about reading. It worked and a new series was born. His book Reaching Your Reluctant Reader has helped hundreds of parents create avid readers. As a father of five, he and his wife lead an active lifestyle simply trying to keep up with their kids. In rare moments of quiet, he can be found in the back of the City Dock Cafe in Annapolis working on his next novel.
His latest book is the thriller/horror novel, Night Terror.
For More Information

Virtual Book Tour Highlights

"If you are brave enough, if you can handle horror that is both the actual gore written on the pages along with the perfect imagery for your mind to go off on your own tangent wondering what horrors are coming next, this is the book for you.  That is one thing I love about Jeff’s writing, yes – it is gory and that is creepy to read, but the fear that your own mind races to create along side the written word, that is talent.  It’s an excellent mix of both."
-- Not Everyone's Mama (review)

"I'm usually a fan of reading a book in one sitting but I actually had to take a few breaks when reading this book! This will send your mind into some pretty dark places. The plot and the intensity of the main character, Sarah and the evil she is dealing with, pulls you right back in. I thought the characters were vivid and most of all, the descriptions just jumped off the page. It actually made my skin crawl a bit, so if you are on the squeamish side, take warning! If you aren't, this is the perfect book for you. Although this book is the second in the series, you don't have to read the first one to enjoy it. It can definitely be a stand alone book."
-- World of My Imagination (review)

"Jeff Gunhus’s ability to create tension that builds throughout the story is amazing. The world he builds is so clear it is as if I am there. As I near the end, I am sitting on the edge of my seat, my fingers gripping my Kindle tightly, and my expectations run rampant. I keep thinking the end must be here, but he adds this and that and takes me on a roller coaster ride of terror that won’t let me go.
I love this trilogy…and we know it’s not over. So, Jeff, where is Book III?"
-- Fundinmental (review)

"I would give this book more than 5 STARS but since I can't  I'll give it 5 SOLID STARS"
-- Books, Reviews, ETC (review)

"Night Terror is full of suspense and terror. It is not for those with a weak stomach but I liked it."
I just finished reading Night Terror. I really liked this novel. The storyline was great and it had me hooked from the beginning.  Night Terror is full of suspense and action. Author Jeff Gunhus is one of my favorite authors and should be for anyone else who likes horror novels. I give this book a 4/5. - See more at: http://www.dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/2014/11/night-terror-by-jeff-gunhus-review.html#sthash.wX7iRG8k.dpuf"
-- Bound 4 Escape (review)

"Wow, this book is seriously a total horror book right out of something like Freddy Kruger from Elm Street!"
--Mary's Cup of Tea (review)

"I don't want to give away what happens in the book, so I won't discuss what happens very much. I will say that I found Night Terror to be a real page-turner and I read the last half of the book in a mad dash because I had to see how it turned out. I would say it isn't for the faint of heart -- and I loved every creepy minute of the book. I am anxiously hoping the story will continue -- this isn't finished yet. As I said earlier, Mama D is haunting my dreams and nights are creepier after having read the book. I would highly recommend Night Terror to anyone who really loves a good horror book."
I liked that the main characters were being trained by their parents. In so many books the parents died. It was nice to see a family working together. The author did throw me for a loop when Haylwen's relatives became suspects. 
There is so much more to this books. There are trust issues, liars, and even a kingdom at stake. I need to read the first book in this series, and definitely the third.
- See more at: http://dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/2014/08/two-empty-thrones-by-ch-maclean-excerpt.html#sthash.zdV25Wii.dpuf"
-- ABookGeek (review)

Visit the official Night Terror Virtual Book Publicity Tour here to read more reviews, interviews with the author and guest posts written by the author!

No comments:

Post a Comment