Sunday, February 7, 2016

PUYB Chats with Dede Barbanti, author of 'Transform: The Secret to Unlocking the Perfect You'



Dede Barbanti is a renowned fitness & lifestyle coach, certified soul memory discovery facilitator, author, motivational speaker and single mother of three. Once weighing over 200 pounds, Dede has dedicated her life to developing innovative methods that have literally changed the face of weight loss, fitness, dieting and lifestyle!

Through the creation of her first format Boogie Box (BBX) and the “Un-Diet” nutrition and weight-loss program; Dede lost over 70 pounds in less than 6 months and has since helped countless people from all over the world. Since forming BBX, Dede has released two groundbreaking workout DVD's "Boogie Box LIVE" & "BBX Hardcore."

Her groundbreaking techniques and work have been featured on shows such as: Dr. Oz, Shark Tank, Fitceleb, OnAir, Good Day Utah, ABC, KTLA and FOX News, as well as several media productions. Dede was also named one of OC Metro Magazines "Top 20 Women In Business."

Dede's passion, training and experience has helped countless people from all over the USA transform their bodies and lives through her unique and “straight shooting” methods.

Pulling from her years of experience, Dede has written a complete lifestyle guide, TRANSFORM: The Secret To Unlocking The Perfect You. In it, she shares her three principles to obtaining the body and life of your own design!
For More Information
About the Book:


Title: TRANSFORM: The Secret to Unlocking the Perfect You
Author: Dede Barbanti
Pages: 257
Genre: Self Help/Lifestyle/Health/Weight Loss

Finally, a book that will provide you with the answers that change your body and your life! TRANSFORM really is the SECRET TO UNLOCKING THE PERFECT YOU. Once weighing over 200 pounds, Fitness and lifestyle expert Dede Barbanti not only gives you the tools to achieve your weight-loss goals, but helps you dig deep to fix the core issues that keep you from lasting success and your true potential.

This is not your traditional weight-loss book. Most diet books focus on the outside by changing your eating and exercise routines,but they fail to find the root cause of your bad habits: what, why, and where they all started. These band-aid treatments never treat the problem, only the symptom, and most people find themselves back at square one, frustrated and defeated. Dede's no-holds-barred approach gets your booty into gear by tackling the real issues of your weight loss merry-go-round; so you can stop the madness and unlock the perfect you.

You can continue reading all of those other diet and lifestyle books that ultimately keep you repeating the same old story and never seems to get you anywhere, or you can get real with yourself and finally bring about the changes that you have always wanted...permanently!

For More Information

  • TRANSFORM: The Secret to Unlocking the Perfect You is available at Amazon.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

Before you started writing your book, what kind of research did you do to prepare yourself?

My research came from first hand experiences within my own life and the lives of the countless women that I have had the pleasure of working with. As a single mother of three, “save time and money” was my motto. That is what most women, especially with children, worry about right? “How can I lose weight, live a more fulfilled life and just get to where I need to be in less time and without having to shell out a ton of money?” Over the course of several years I have had the privilege of helping incredible women who have shared their stories and struggles with me. What I didn’t expect was to learn that the issues most people had with weight had absolutely nothing to do with eating and exercise, but had to do with what I now call “core barriers.” It was during this time that I realized the missing link in the diet industry and the misconceptions people had about health and weight loss. Which is why, through all of my training and experience it became my mission to provide the real answers they needed to achieve and maintain their goals permanently. Throughout my writing process I continued to send my book to several people for feedback, asking what they would like to see in a lifestyle and weight loss book, that they haven’t seen in others. I reached out to real women and listened to what they had to say.

Did you pursue publishers or did you opt to self-pub?

I opted to self-publish. I figured since 50 Shades of Gray had success, why not give it a shot? Of course my book isn’t a story that appeals to most women’s fantasies…but I’m really funny so that has to count for something right?

If self-published, did you hire someone to format the ebook version for you or did you do it yourself?  Can you tell us what that was like?

I used a company called “Polgarus Studios,” to format my eBook and print version. They were extremely affordable in comparison to other formatters I researched. They came highly recommended by my Editor and they were professional, efficient and timely. I would recommend them to anyone.

If self-published, how did you determine the price?

I basically researched several books similar to mine, in my genre, in order to come up with the eBook and print price. Research, research, research!

Did you write your book, then revise or revise as you went?

Oh my Lord did I write and re-write and then re-write again! It took me over 4 years to write this book because it was created through my own experiences and the experiences of the countless people I have worked with. Transform continually evolved over the 4 years I wrote it, up until it felt complete. If you listen to your instincts, you will know when your book is complete. Then you have to prepare yourself for a wake-up call when you to take it to a professional editor.

What’s your opinion on giving your book away to sell other copies of your book?

I consider myself a very good business woman since I have had the experience of directing and managing a successful dance team through a National and International tour, became a licensed Real Estate Broker and ran 10 companies and then left it all to create my own fitness company that has expanded throughout the United States and Internationally. So based on my business experience I have learned that you have to create interest and word of mouth, and that cannot happen until you actually have people read and stand behind your book. It’s like any start up business trying to sell a product. They have to give a way several free samples or test samples of their product in order to get other people talking about it through television, publication and social media.

What kind of pre-promotion did you do before the book came out?  

I am currently promoting by focusing on two different avenues, media (TV, news, magazines and publications) and through word of mouth for social media purposes. In mid-January I began emailing a press kit with a book excerpt to television news stations, newspapers and magazines; my team did a lot of research and put together over 200 direct media contacts. I also began my annual weight loss competition with over 100 participants and each of them are documenting their journey through my program and book, and they are required to post daily with specific hashtags to their social media pages, in order to reach new people and promote the 24-hour Amazon eBook giveaway that I am doing on February 24th. And lastly, I hired an awesome company like Pump Up Your Book!

What would you like to say to your readers and fans about your book?

I would like to tell my readers and fans is that I listen and I will continue to listen. This book was created because I wanted to provide women with real answers, real direction and real results. I am a straight shooter and don’t like BS! I truly want to help empower women achieve whatever it is they are seeking and the only way to do that is to really listen. Transform was created not only through my own experiences as an overweight single mother of three; but from the voices and lives of countless women I have had the pleasure of helping achieve the bodies and lives of their own design.

No comments:

Post a Comment